Aziz Foundation Scholarship Programme
Enabled by the generous support of the Aziz Foundation, the University of London is pleased to announce up to four Master's scholarships for the 2023-24 academic year at the School of Advanced Study (SAS). These scholarships will be awarded to exceptional students who are active in British Muslim communities and keen to build bridges with all parts of British society.
Scholarships for the 2023-24 academic year will cover tuition fees only for one year for full-time students, or for two years for part-time students, regardless of the length of the programme. Applications are open to students who are continuing on eligible programmes, as well as new students registering for the first time in 2023/24.
Students must have received an offer of a place for, or already studying on, one of the following programmes:
- MA Understanding and Securing Human Rights
- MA Human Rights
- MA Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies
- MA Cultural, Intellectual and Visual History
- LLM Drafting Legislation, Regulation and Policy
- MA in the History of the Book
Through this scholarship programme, the University and the Aziz Foundation wish to widen access to individuals from social groupings who have been historically under-represented within higher education.
The University invites applications from candidates who:
- are eligible for Home Fees status [students with an international fee profile will not be eligible]
- have received an offer of a place on one of the above eligible programmes, or are about to enter Year 2 or Year 3 of one of the eligible programmes
- are demonstrably active in British Muslim communities;
- can demonstrate a long-term commitment to community/societal development and how the programme will increase their effectiveness in one of the following areas relating to British Muslims: effective advocacy and enhancement of public perception; community service; or social development.
The application form can be downloaded here and the closing date for receipt of applications is 9th June 2023. For more information on how to apply and details of other funding opportunities, please see the Master's Funding page.