Refunds and cancellations
To cancel a place on any School of Advanced Study short courses, conferences, workshops, lectures, summer schools or any other event, notice of cancellation must be given by email or telephone to the event organiser in the relevant institute.
- If you cancel at least 30 days prior to the start of the course you will receive a refund minus a 10% administration fee.
- If you cancel between 30 and 14 days prior to the start of the event you will receive a 50% refund.
- If you cancel less than 14 days before the event you will not be entitled to a refund.
- No refund will be made for non-attendance on the course.
- Where you have paid for short courses and summer schools that require academic approval before an offer of a place is made, you will be given a full refund if you are not offered a place.
- If you pay for an event, are placed on a waiting list but no place becomes available, you will be given a full refund.
Refunds apply to partial cancellations.
Substitutions are allowed as long as these are notified to the event organiser.
For free events, please remember to let the conference organiser know as soon as possible but as a minimum 24 hours before the event is due to take place.
Privacy and Security
To make sure you always have the highest level of security, your payment details are not held by the University once payment has been made. We will store details of you and your event request on our system so that we can efficiently process your order.
Full payment is required for all events at the time of booking. Payment is preferred by debit/credit card. Refunds will only be made onto the card used for the original purchase.
Please allow up to 28 days for a refund.
Cancellations by the School of Advanced Study
The School of Advanced Study and its member Institutes cancel events only when absolutely necessary, but reserve the right to do so, as well as to reschedule events and substitute presenters. If an event is cancelled, you may request to transfer to another event, or receive a full refund. Please note that the School will not be held liable for any accommodation or associated travel costs should an event be cancelled or rescheduled.
We understand that from time to time emergency situations occur which prevent you from attending an event. In such cases please contact the event organiser to discuss your case.
Download the Events Policies in PDF