The mission of the Hub is to:
• emphasise the value and importance of interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary research and teaching in the environmental humanities, as well as develop connections with disciplinary areas beyond the Humanities.
• enable national and international research exchange in the environmental humanities within and outside academia.
• encourage connections between research and policy making as well as assist with the development of research-informed policies that address global warming, the loss of biodiversity and related socio-environmental problems.
• convene strategically focused knowledge exchange and public engagement initiatives within the environmental humanities.
• support and develop research-led training in environmental humanities.
• demonstrate research value to the wider public, through its visiting and funded fellowship schemes, its grant support and capture, and its open access publications series.
• facilitate and develop networks with institutions across the GLAM sector.
• advocate for greater inclusivity and diversity of representation by promoting multilingual and multicultural research and decentring Anglophone/Eurocentric initiatives.