School visiting fellowships
The School’s Visiting Fellowship is awarded to early career scholars (that is between eight and twelve years post-PhD or equivalent) will be awarded by the School by invitation only.
School Visiting Fellow 2013–14
The SAS visiting fellow for 2013/14 is Dr Frédérique Woerther. Dr Woerther will join the School for the month of June and will be affiliated with the Warburg Institute. She is an international expert in medieval Arabic and classical rhetorical studies.
Dr Woerther is currently a researcher and Bronze Medal award holder at the French National Centre for Scientific Research, the country’s largest government-run research organisation, Her research interests have included a study on Aristotle’s Rhetoric and the Greek rhetorical theories in the Classical and Hellenistic period and, since 2005, the Arabic interpretations of Greek rhetoric and philosophy, especially in al-Farabi and Averroes.
Past School Visiting Fellows
- Kimberly Coles (Jan - June 2013)
- Lisa Lowe (Jan - June 2012)
- Tristan Platt (Sept 2010 - Jan 2011)
- Pat Rogers (Jan - June 2010)
- Virginia Valian (Nov 2008 - May 2009)
- Sarah Kay (Jan - June 2008)
- Jose Harris (Oct 2006 - April 2007)
- David Owen (Sept 2005 - Feb 2006)
- Stephen Gaukroger (Dec 2004 - June 2005)
- Maurizio Ghelardi (Oct 2003 - Jan 2004)
- Gail A. Hornstein (Jan - June 2003)
- Alastair Hamilton (Dec 2002 - June 2003)