Study with us
World-class humanities teaching and research
The School of Advanced Study (SAS) is the UK's national centre for the support and promotion of research in the humanities. Located at the heart of the University of London in Bloomsbury, SAS provides an unrivalled scholarly community in which to pursue postgraduate study and research.
Our graduates are awarded a University of London degree.
We offer full- and part-time postgraduate programmes (MA, MRes, LLM, MPhil and PhD):
- Art History: MA | MPhil / PhD
- Commonwealth Studies: MPhil / PhD
- English Studies: MPhil / PhD
- Historical Research: MA / MRes
- History: MPhil / PhD
- History (Cultural and Intellectual History 1300–1650): MA
- History (Garden and Landscape History): MA
- History (History of the Book): MA / MRes
- Human Rights (Understanding and Securing Human Rights): MA
- Latin American Studies: MPhil / PhD
- Law: MPhil / PhD
- Law (Advanced Legislative Studies): LLM | LLM (distance learning)
- Law (International Corporate Governance, Financial Regulation and Economic Law): LLM
- Making of the Modern World: MA
- Modern Languages (French / German / Hispanic / Italian / Portuguese Cultures and Literatures): MPhil / PhD
- Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies: MA (distance learning)
Our central London location (Senate House) provides easy access to world-leading research resources and the expertise of local academic centres, museums and libraries, including the Senate House Library which has one of the most significant arts, humanities and social sciences collections in the UK. The British Museum, British Library, UCL, SOAS, Birkbeck, Institute of Education, School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, LSE and King's College are all nearby.