All School students may register for free National Health care with their local doctor (GP surgery). You may wish to register with one of the two local GP surgeries near to the School:
Central Institutions Health Service
20 Gower Street, London WC1E 6DP
T: +44 (0)20 7636 7628
Bedford Square Medical Centre
Bloomsbury Street, London WC1B 3QU
T: +44 (0) 207 7128
Alternatively, search for your local doctor or dentist on the NHS Choices website.
Course tutors are responsible for guiding you through your degree and helping you with any personal or administrative problems. If this proves unsuitable, contact the School Registry or your Institute Manager who will be able to advise you on an alternative.
London is one of the most interesting and vibrant capital cities in the world; it is also one of the safest. However, as in any large, busy city, crime is a problem so you do need to take care about personal safety and looking after your belongings.
Students may find the following contact numbers useful:
General welfare advice
- Nightline (18:00-08:00): T: +44 (0)20 7631 0101
- Citizen's Advice Bureau: the local bureau for the School is on the 3rd floor of the Holborn Library, 32-38 Theobald's Road, London WC1X 8PA, T: +44 (0)8451 202965.
- Community Legal Service Direct: enables users to find providers funded by legal aid.
- Waterloo Counselling Service: offers a general counselling service as well as ethnic counselling. Barley Mow Clinic, Frazier Street, London SE1 7BD. T: +44 (0)20 7928 3462. Please note that there is a cost for this service.
Advice on mental health issues
- Mind: a national charity which can provide help and advice to students experiencing any form of mental distress.
- Charlie Waller Memorial Trust
Advice on debt
- National Debtline: T: +44 (0)808 808 4000